Read Time: 2 min 4 sec
If you're reading this article chances are you just purchased a TYME Iron...CONGRATS! You just made the first step to having amazing hair every day, all while spending less time and effort. In this article, we will be introducing you to your TYME Iron, and giving you some advice on hair prep so you can achieve the best results!
Check out our new guide with everything you need to get started effortlessly here.
Looking for an article to teach you how to to use your iron? Hop over to Part Two!
It’s important to start with a good foundation using the right kind of products.
- Starting with freshly washed hair will give you your best results. Pregame Shampoo and Showoff Conditioner are designed to be lightweight so they won’t weigh down your curls, while still cleaning and nourishing your locks. Both are sulfate-free, paraben-free, and gluten-free and we don’t test on animals. ;)
- The next step would be to prep towel-dried hair with a thermal protectant. Upstaged Thermal Protectant is like 5 products in one. It has thermal protection, hold, grip, volume, and shine.
- If you blow-dry your hair, be sure to not over blow-dry and lose your shine. Keeping moisture in your hair will help maintain shine and keep your hair healthy!
Getting to Know Your Pro
Tip: Your new TYME Iron Pro is spring-loaded, so when you first grab your iron out of the heat sleeve, we recommend pulling it out in two parts:
- When you first pull it out of the heat sleeve, pull it out a little bit
- Grab it at the bottom and then pull it out all the way so that when the iron opens it is a flawless transition.
TYME Iron Pro Heat Settings and Features
- When turning your iron on, click the power button.
- Click the power button on the inside of the iron to switch temperatures:
- 1 light = 300°F
- 2 lights = 325°F
- 3 lights = 350°F
- 4 lights = 375°F
- 5 lights = 400°F
- The Pro has temperature memory, so when you shut your iron off, the next time you use it, it’s going to remember the temperature you last used and start with that setting.
- Your Pro also has an automatic shut-off feature. It is a motion-activated shut-off so once your iron is not in use for 30 minutes, it will shut off automatically. It will not turn off while you’re using it! :)
- When shutting off the iron, hold in the power button until the light turns off.
For more tips and hair tutorials, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest