- Hand’s off!! Keeping your hands out of your hair will help because your hands produce oil which can then be transferred to your hair if you are touching it.
- Oil-based shine serums. If you want to add shine to your hair, try using a shine product that is oil-free such as TYMELESS Repair and Shine Spray.
- Over-washing your hair (including the use of dry shampoo) is one of the main culprits of oily hair! Washing your hair too often makes your scalp produce more oils. Try adding a few days between washes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly when shampooing and conditioning.
- Using water that is too hot when shampooing and conditioning can stimulate oil glands and make them produce more oil.
You will not want to use a shampoo that makes your hair feel heavy or greasy. It also helps to understand that your scalp needs to adjust to fewer washes when starting out. It typically takes your scalp around a month to adjust to not shampooing every day, so don’t get discouraged! We recommend TYME Pregame Shampoo and Showoff Conditioner because they are mild cleansers that are designed to restore and maintain moisture in your hair, which causes all kinds of awesome benefits including being able to go days and days between washes.
While waiting for this adjustment, play with different hairstyle options on days 2, 3, or 4. Maybe throw on a hat, try a cute braided bun or try a sleek ponytail since you’ll have some extra tyme in your morning routine ;)
For more tips and hair tutorials, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest